Venitian blinds Perth
Window blinds make excellent shades for windows. These look nice and are considered more functional by modern homeowners. Nonetheless, some people are quite intimidated by the prospects of cleaning methods. It is true that some blinds are harder to clean than others. Yet, procedures can be learned and things will be easier from then on.
Most wooden blinds are made from a unique material that is very porous which means that water or liquid is not suitable for this variety. Besides, liquids can cause streaking stains and warping since the wooden slats will absorb the water. Thus, use only light-cleaning techniques such as dusting minus the liquids.
Light cleaning refers to quick methods that you can use on a regular basis without removing the blinds from your windows. Use a feather duster or soft and dry piece of clean cloth. Other options include old socks, cotton gloves, anti-static fibers, or tumble-dry wipes. There are also proprietary venetian blind slat cleaning products sold by many household stores. These look like cooking tongs with pads made of synthetic felt. It can clean three slats simultaneously.
In case there are stubborn marks or grease on any pane, it is possible to wet the cloth with minimal amount of water and gentle cleaning solution. You can even try some inexpensive over the counter products like “special cleaning sprays” that can reduce the dust that slats can possibly attract.
A portable vacuum cleaner can also be effective with an upholstery cleaning attachment. However, the suction must not be very strong. Otherwise, the nozzle may suck the panes and damage the material. Begin at the lowest level and adjust gradually until the desired results are achieved without causing any damages. These are some of the steps that you can take before shifting to deep cleaning methods.
If you are looking for a reputable Venitian blinds Perth contractor, visit WestCoast Blinds by clicking on this link: http://www.westcoastblindswa.com/blinds/venetians-blinds/
Venitian blinds Perth
Window blinds can provide a terrific improvement to any room in your house. Even then, you need to keep these clean at all times or the blinds can end up as an unpleasant sight. Regardless of the variety, dust your blinds at least once every week. General cleaning should be done twice a year.
Get rid of dust using the clean cloth, duster or soft brush add-on of the vacuum. See to it that you wipe the front and back portions of the window treatment. Remove all stains completely. Use a damp cloth to scrub the slats lightly. Use a small amount of dish washing liquid detergent for stubborn marks.
Exercise tremendous caution in cleaning the blinds. Do not apply too much pressure or you may destroy the material to a point that it cannot be repaired. You may need to remove the shades for cleaning if these are too fragile. Spread the blinds on the floor where these are easier to clean. It is possible to spray metal blinds with water while hanging in the backyard. However, make sure that are fully dry before hanging these again.
You can buy and use over the counter cleaners for all types of blinds. However, try household vinegar and water solution for a change. It is also safe to use soapy water. Fill up a small pail with warm water and liquefy the detergent. If you want more detailed cleaning, remove the awnings from your window. Lower the blinds and close the slats. Take down the treatments so these are ready for washing.
Standard window blinds call for simple dusting and generally takes less than an hour in finishing the task. However, check manufacturer guidelines if professional cleaning is required for certain treatments. Then, it is time to call a reputable cleaning firm.
If you are looking for information on Venitian blinds Perth visit WestCoast Blinds Perth at this link: http://www.westcoastblindswa.com/
Having to clean a venetian blind is already a hard thing. Having to remove it and repair it is going to be quite tedious. If you properly know how to do it then you might be spending less time getting irritated and stressed and more time for yourself. To help you out with the repair here is a step by step guide:
- First step is to lower the blind and adjust the slats so that you can open it using the tilt cord or the wand. Unclip the blind from the brackets. Make sure you have a large work table to work on for the repair.
- Remove the end caps. Uncover the bottom railings so that you can expose the knots and clips.
- To replace ladders, disconnect the two lift cord ends which are clipped to the railing. Pull the cords up through the slats. Remove the damaged slat and then replace them with new ones.
- To replace lift cords, pull both ends over the pulley, down then out. Feed the two ends with new lift cords. Feed both cords through the sides and secure them in place. Finally install the cover/end caps.
- Finally, hang the blinds.
Repairing venetian blinds is tricky but if you know the simple steps and follow them one at a time, you should have no problem at all. Before you hang them back make sure that they are clean though.
How do you light clean venetian blinds?
- Check for problem spots. Wipe off stains and sticky areas with a window spray cleaner.
- To do some light cleaning you just have to shut the blinds. Use a rag or a paper towel to wipe off the dust. You can also use a dust buster. There are also dust attracting gloves. You can run over the slat with your fingers. The better direction of cleaning is from center to edge one slat at a time.
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner with a soft duster brush attached to the nozzle.
Take care of your blinds so that you can use it for a very long time.
To free yourself for all the hardwork, you can visit West Coast Blinds in Perth WA , http://www.westcoastblindswa.com/blinds/venetians-blinds/ and they will do all the work for you.
Summer is fast approaching. You can feel the heat when the wind blows because instead of a cold breeze touching your skin, you feel a worm to hot breeze. This lets you know that summer is just around the corner and you need all the necessary protection for your skin not to be burned by the UV rays. During a hot summer day, it is also great to go out the garden and play under the sun, but after all the fun you will still need to go under the shade.
One of the great solutions to both enjoy the outdoor sun and not get too much shade is outdoor blinds. If you have a great lawn and a deck that you want to relax in but think twice because of the heat. You can consider installing outdoor blinds. There are different types of outdoor blinds:
- Outdoor Roller Blinds – These types of blinds are designed to withstand heavy duty outdoor conditions like the rain and the wind. It has a simple roller mechanism that lets you raise or lower the blinds easily. You can let it down or up at any particular level.
- Sun block Roller Blinds – As the name suggests, these blinds can totally block the sun from sipping through. These are best for patios where the afternoon sun sets.
- Timber Blinds – By using timber blinds you can control the light that you want to sip thought the intervals by adjusting the mechanism. The usual timbers used for this type of blinds are basswood, cedar and actual timber of any color. PVC or similar material can also be an alternative.
- Bamboo Chick blinds – for the more Zen type looking blinds, you can go for the bamboo chick blinds. This is economical but at the same time elegant looking. The natural look is mixed with the modern style. The wood tone is definitely pleasing to the eyes.
These types of blinds can easily get dirty because of the elements but they are also designed to easily be cleaned. To provide maximum entertainment, relaxation, shade, you can opt to choose to install any type of outdoor blinds in Perth.
Check Westcoastblindswa.com to know more details.